Thursday, March 30, 2006

Busy Busy Me

Hurrah! My Paeds poster is finished (the coloured mounts make it), and my portfolio too…just the viva to get through. I think this one will be ok. Normal babies are our general practice theme for this year, and I like babies. I was 10 years old when my baby sister was born, so I've experienced a tiny baby. Sadly, this project has made me so broody! I bought a mother and baby magazine today for the pictures, and I felt so silly with it in the newsagents. But I read it when I got home. I was supposed to just look at and cut out the pictures, but I got sucked in over a cup of tea. Tragic isn’t it? I mean, I spent precious time on reading about bad breast feeding experiences and grim birth stories.

Time is incredibly precious at the moment. Term is over in less than two weeks, and I have my first ever OSCE and my two major exams to do. Plus the fact that my Public Health project seems to be taking over…

(We’ve renamed it the pubic growth project. We don’t walk to talk about it, and we’re not going to do anything or show it to anyone until the last moment… Isn’t that what you’d do about a pubic growth?!)

The Medschool has also released our OSCE allocations. Mine is at a central Birmingham hospital so that’s a relief, not having to travel miles. It’s made it all awfully real though. I’ve been avoiding thinking about it really, blocking it out as if it weren’t happening. Now I know when and where it will be, it’s more concrete. I’m going to have to stop being such an ostrich and get on with the revision.

I am so worried/scared/pant-wettingly-terrified already, and it’s a week away. Only a week tomorrow! I think it’s time to start praying…

3 comments:

Tall Medstudent said...

I'll cross my fingers for you. :)

Marysienka said...

I dread OSCEs already and I still have some time before my first one! Good luck and I'll be thinking of you :)

Anna said...

thanks guys! i'm gonna need all the finger crossing i can get...