Friday, March 03, 2006

Go Go Go Joseph

I had a great evening today.

Before I came to Birmingham, I sang in a church choir. I did awards and medals and solos etc etc but what I really enjoyed was singing with the junior choir. I ran vocal warm ups before choir practice on a Friday night, which I loved because I love working with kids. I’d do breathing exercises, simple scales and exercises.

One of my mates, Felicity, plays the organ for the church we both go to in Birmingham. She was asked to help with the children’s choir by Jo, who runs the church music. So Felicity volunteered me to help. And of course, I leapt at the chance.

Tonight was our first go at it. And it was great! We did loads of exercises, sang a couple of silly songs, and then we learnt a piece from ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat’, which they loved. Felicity and I are planning to produce it next year at the church. Which will be stressful, hardwork, challenging and just the most brilliant amazing funnest thing ever!

PS it’s Medball tomorrow night and I am sooooooo excited!

No comments: