Alright, I know. I’m a rubbish blogger. My creative juices have been sucked into painting the last two weeks and I sort of never quite got round to blogging. And you know when you put something off again and again, it gets harder and harder to get back to it… that’s been me and this blog. It’s the whole holiday thing – I’m not in my routine of going to bed at a sensible (!) hour, blogging on my laptop and going to sleep. Nope, I’m been staying up half the night messing about with acrylics and mediums and new brushes.
And the result? My first ever painting on canvas, and I think my first completed painting since the age of 16. So yes, I’m pleased. It was tough at times, but I got through, and I’m relatively happy with the end result. There’s good and bad thingsaboutit, and it’s a good place to improve from… When I get home and have the use of a digital camera or scanner, I’ll try and get a piccy up. It’s traditional ‘fantasy’, so not to everyone’s taste, but I like it.
Anyway, an quick update on my life:
· The Public Health Project is going okay-ish. At least we’re writing stuff. Prob 1000+ words by now.
· Serious concrete plans are in place for a production of Joseph, run by me and Felicity at our church. Copies reserved, in the process of getting rights, rehearsal dates being set. I’m terrified that we’re supposed to be steering this thing.
· My dad has reached the grand old age of 50. Well, its actually tomorrow but my family came to
· My special study module (SSM) is on religious beliefs and I have lots of ideas mulling about for it.
· I’m about to commence work on my second ever painting on canvas about – Jenna’s kissing couple commission. I’m worried, because it’s got to be right.
Currently reading: Memoirs of a Geisha. Thought it was about time I did.