Tuesday, April 18, 2006

MP3 Oracle

I’m on holiday and I’m bored. That’s all I have to say in my defence.

<>

Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you?
Wow – Snow Patrol
This is either very good (everyone thinks I’m great) or very bad (everyone thinks I’m a weirdo). Hmm, I know which I think is true…<> <>
Will I have a happy life?
China In Your Hand – T’Pau

The words to the chorus:

Don't push too far
Your Dreams are china in your hand
Don't wish too hard
Because they may come true
And you can't help them
You don't know what you might
Have set upon yourself

Oooo, it’s telling me to leave the Medschool and stop working so damn hard.

<>
What do my friends really think of me?
Life – Jamelia

Ooo, this is horribly dark - if I can’t have you, nobody can…

<>
Do people secretly lust after me?
Son of a Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield
Well, only sons of men of the cloth apparently!

How can I make myself happy?
Farewell ye Spanish Ladies – an orchestra, but which I do not know

Great clarinet solo – think its telling me that sending my clarinet off for a refit today will make me happy. Good, because it isn’t going to be cheap!


What should I do with my life?
Bout – Jamelia

How did she come up twice when I’ve only listened to the album once?! Anyway, this is all about being independent and strong. That’s definitely me!

<>
Will I ever have children?
Your Song – Elton John (Ewan MacGregor from Moulin Rouge soundtrack)
I’m hoping this is because I would give any children of mine everything. This is has a full and lush production, and I think that just proves a point. When I say everything, I mean it. <>And because bringing them in to the world would make it a wonderful place for me.

What is some good advice for me?

A Winter’s Tale – the Magnets

‘It’s hard to be alone’. Maybe something about the fact that I find it difficult to let people in?
<>
How will I be remembered?
Danger Zone – Gwen Stefani
Hilarious! True?
<>
What is my signature dancing song?

Cursed – Robbie Williams

Hmm, love Mr Williams, but really not my dancing song. I’d have picked something by Franz Ferdinand or the Killers, or something disgracefully cheesy!
<>
What do I think is my current theme song?
Wild Wood – Paul Weller
Nice song. Maybe I am trying to find my way out of the wild wild wood.
<>
What does everyone think my current theme song is?
Voulez-Vous – Abba
O dear, this one is so true. My friends do rather think that I’m a ‘good time’ girl. Naughty, flirty, never serious!


What song will play at my funeral?
Crazy- Don McLean
Um, not exactly what I’d chose. But it’s not like I’m going to care.

<>
What type of men / women do you like?
You’re Nobody Til Somebody Loves You
Any, it seems.
<>
What is my day going to be like?
Round About Midnight – Sarah Vaughan
Think this is a heavy hint for an early night!


Go on, you know you want to - give it a go! If nothing else, it'll remeind you of some really great music you'd forgotten about, or some really bad stuff you should get rid of...

4 comments:

Tall Medstudent said...

OMG, T'pau? Are they still alive?

Anna said...

No idea. I don't remember this song from the first time round... do you?

Tall Medstudent said...

I googled'em. Still alive. That song was from the first album; 'Heart and Soul' was the big hit, on the same album.

Marysienka said...

I'll have to try that someday :) now im busy and i shouldnt be here. i am a bad student. :o/