Friday, April 14, 2006

Normal Service Resumes

I know, exams are no excuse for absenteeism, but I have been very busy. The exams are finally over now, and I’m on the train on my way home to sunny Sussex. At least I hope it’s going to be sunny… I’ve spend the last week stuck inside revising with the sunshine and blue skies jeopardising my chances of ever being a doctor, enticing me out to play. I did manage to resist, but still didn’t know enough pathology for Monday’s exam. It was a total nightmare. Thank God it was multiple choice. Even if you haven’t a clue what the red squelchy looking thing in the picture had been, in this life or a past one, you could just pick an answer.

Yeah, I did that a couple of times…

Wednesday’s Integrated Medicine and Surgery exam was much better – 100 MCQs and 50 extended matching set. I actually found myself enjoying the extended matching set questions, as they were matching up diagnoses with little case descriptions. It’s a nice feeling when you can read the description and know what it is before even looking at the options for the answer.

I haven’t slept brilliantly all week, fairly unsurprisingly, but weirdly enough the worst night was yesterday, the first night of the holiday. I kept waking up, panicking, my head running though causes of and differences between various conditions. Completely pointless and very sleep depriving.

Perhaps is because I don’t feel like I’m on holiday yet. I’m hoping that will change once I get home. I desperately need to unwind, as I’ve been feeling like a tightly wound spring for the last few weeks.

Anyway, I am sure some time doing absolutely bugger all will improve matters!

1 comment:

Marysienka said...

Aaaah you are so lucky! You can enjoy Spring now! What are you gonna do this Summer?

I had the exact same disturbed sleep (dreaming about diseases, meds, tests and all the kit) on the first night of my Christmas vacation hehe! Not totally relaxing ;)

Well, I hope you have a good time at home. As for me, I have to go back Studyland...