Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Water, water, everywhere

We had my little sister’s Guide Patrol at our house tonight, having fun coating the kitchen in a layer of icing sugar, I mean, making sugar mice. I was chief helper, and had a great time. I’d forgotten how much enjoy doing those sorts of things. I’ve been thinking about volunteering with one of the youth groups at my church – guides, brownies, cubs or the like, but I’m not sure I have the time. At least, I think I could make the time, but I’d need to be much more organised and pro-active. And next year I am also going to be producing Joseph with Felicity, as well havinga life, so maybe I’ll holdfire on that one, until I know how things are going to pan out.

Me and Mirabelle are also going to try and swim at least twice a week next year. I think this is very timely, as I am getting rather unfit… I went swimming with my Dad on Monday night, and found it was a little tougher than usual. I swam 30 lengths – gaining 8 on him (that’s an achievement - he’s disgustingly fit, but not such a good swimmer), but it wasn’t comfortable and easy. Bummer. I used to swim 50 lengths no trouble. I do have a natural affinity for water – both me and my sister are very competent swimmers, and we love being in the water. I would love my own pool one day.

O, and only 3 more days of the dull job to go! Hurrah!

1 comment:

Tall Medstudent said...

I feel for your dad; me, I'm a sinker, not a swimmer.