Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Just a quickie

Sooooo Oncology proper starts tomorrow, following today’s riveting lectures at the Medschool. After getting my timetable, I am wetting myself over the fact I attached to Haematology, under a Professor. So I think I might need some serious cramming. Serious. I am also placed with the lad from my GP placement who annoys the hell out of me. Great, just the two of us for the next 6 weeks. We do have a day visit to a hospice, which I am oddly enough looking forward to. Lets hope I don’t go off palliative care, as so far this year I’m ticked every placement off on my list of careers I never want: elderly care, ophthalmology, neurology, endocrinology… At this rate I’m going to end up with nothing on the list of careers I would like. Rubbish.

I am currently stuck at Medschool, waiting for an elective evening to start. It looks as though it will be really interesting – it’s 5th years talking about their experiences just a few moths ago, and how they organised them. And that’s pretty important to us right now! The question everyone in our year asks is – where are you going on your elective? Everyone also has some sort of a reply; but no one I know has any firm plans as yet!

No comments: