Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Theme song to my life?

What was no 1 on the day you were born?

Click here to find out. Mine was Stevie Wonder’s ‘I just called to say I love you’ in the UK and Tina Turner’s ‘What’s love got to do with it’ in the US. Both classic toooones.

Apparently they are the theme songs to my life – diametrically opposed themes of how great love is for love’s sake and how love is unnecessary, lust is all you need. Hmmm. At least they’re both damn good sing-alongs.

(Interestingly enough, I checked the lyrics of what’s love got to do with it on the internet (love love love Google) and in the chorus the lyrics apparently are ‘what’s love but a sweet old fashioned notion’. I always thought it was ‘a second hand emotion’. I like mine better.)

Currently reading: Where Rainbows End – Cecelia Ahern. So far okay, but I have a feeling it will wander into vomit-inducing saccharine sweetness fairly soon.

7 comments:

Tall Medstudent said...

MIne was "Na Na Hey Hey (Kiss Him Goodbye)" on the US charts. Ha, story of my life!

Anna said...

I don't even know that song. It must be soooo old...

What was the UK one?

Tall Medstudent said...

Something by 'The Archies'.

Anna said...

o. right.

Marysienka said...

Addicted To Love - Robert Palmer (US one). I don't know this song and am too lazy to download it tonight but I checked the lyrics. Here's the chorus:

Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love


Man I don't wanna be immune, I want to catch that disease that is love!

Anna said...

i know it - another classic tune!

think you're right that love is a disease...

Tall Medstudent said...

Maybe it will show up in DSM-V.