Sunday, January 28, 2007

DISASTER!

Mirabelle has fractured the base of her right 5th metatarsal. Which is shit. Utterly. She slipped down her stairs on Friday night – this is pre-punch-drinking – and bust it. However, being the amazingly strong and stoical person she is, she managed on Friday night (Sylvia’s birthday – picture was finished and muchly appreciated thank goodness!) and only decided to go to A&E on Saturday morning, where it was proclaimed broken. Rubbish.

So at this moment I am in her room, because I am on the ground floor with an ensuite complete with bath. She is in the attic up said scary stairs, so I am up here. It’s weird and I don’t like it. I am sure it feels the same for her, worse probably, because she is immobile (alright, so only relative to her previous mobility) but I really want to be in my own room, with my things. I am weird like that.

But I am tired right now, and have a fracture clinic appointment to attend tomorrow t 9am. So I am off to bed!

3 comments:

carmen said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. That truly sucks.

Marysienka said...

I broke mine too a couple yrs ago. Cast for 6 wks and it continued to hurt after the cast was out. It really sucks for her as we have to walk a lot in a hosp. Ugh!
Glad you're enjoying cardio... ;)

Anna said...

thanks guys. it does indeed suck, and i too can totally appreciate the rubbishness, having broken my talus (horizontally, a technically impossible fracture!) and spending 8 weeks in a cast. Means i have total sympathy for mirabelle, and know all the tricks for getting around on it! thankfully today she is hobbling around on her heel, so seems to be going well...