Friday, April 20, 2007

So, I had written this really great post on arriving in Calgary, and how big everything is, and how excited I am about the snow... but the internet in the Travelodge does NOT work, so the post is trapped on my laptop.

I'm currently on the free computers in Eau Claire Market. So this'll have to be quick...

Having a fab time in Calgary - went up to Banff yesterday and it is spectacularly beautiful. Though we nearly got stranded when we forgot to buy our bus ticket home before the ticket office shut...thankfully all turned out ok and we didn't have to stay overnight! (I was upset by lack of clean knickers...) We've been eating out lots and really enjoying the snow! (Bought myself a great new jacket so am suitably attired. Also purcahsed the last pair of gloves in Calgary as lost one of mine out of my hand luggage...then found it in my suitcase. Grrrr.)

Off to Prince Albert Island Park now, when Kaos tonight to watch up some jazz! Oooooo! Than Lake Louise tomorrow!

PS I love love love Canadians. They are so helpful and friendly. I haven't met anyone rude yet!

3 comments:

med neophyte said...

Glad to hear you are having such a good time and taking advantage of some of our sites. If you are still around tomorrow (Saturday) you should head to a pub on 17th to watch the game (1pm). Even if you don't care at all about hockey it is a pretty fun time.

Marysienka said...

Yay I'm glad you're enjoying your time in Calgary! And i'm sure this is only the beginning ;)

Nasia said...

Well written article.