Tuesday, September 11, 2007

'Medicine Sucks' quoth I

I’m feeling snowed under.

There is more to know in medicine than one person can ever know. That doesn’t stop us undergrads trying though… Our first Finals are 2 weeks away, and all of us are feeling the strain.

OSCE stress is beginning to freak me out. I have Obs & Gynae and Paeds, which, relative to Medicine or Surgery modules, are the easiest. I’m still really scared. I swing from thinking it’ll be ok, and I know enough stuff to get through, to blind terror I’ll fail. Miserably.

Urgh. I wish it were over.

Oh, and just to add to my joy Tom and I are still very much in limbo. He’s um-ing and ah-ing and generally being weird, while all our mutual friends consider it a done deal. I’m just waiting to be very happy or flattened really. Strange place to find myself.

Currently enjoying: the My Little Pony cake my mum had delivered to me yesterday. Complete with sparkling rosé Pinot Grigio. Hurrah for daft and loving mothers!

2 comments:

Marysienka said...

Happy belated b-day! I'm sorry I keep running here and there and barely have time to breathe, so I kind of missed your bday!
I love your cake, btw!!

Good luck with your finals. You can do it!!

Anna said...

thanks!

and yes, it was the coolest birthday in the history of the world ever. apart from maybe the my little pony castle i had when i was five...