Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hurrah!

It’s been a looooong week. But we’ve all made it, and now I am officially on holiday!

(Oh, yeah, and revising for surgery finals, which are in the 3rd week of January. Joys.)

This week was ENT week. Not so bad, not so good. I met some extremely interesting surgeons on placements, each with their own very special idiosyncrasies. Very very special in some cases…

I also baked 100 gingerbread stars, iced them and packaged them into little bags of 4 or 5, and handed them out to all and sundry. I love baking, and the gingerbread was shockingly easy and very tasty. The hardest part was stopping my housemates consuming them as they popped out the oven, warm and soft! They looked very pretty piped with white icing and bagged in cellophane with red ribbon.

Everyone I know went home today. Alright, maybe not everyone, but heading that way! It seems weird to me, because I know I’m not going til Sunday, and any earlier seems too early now. Pah, whatever, I’m just looking forward to the lie-in tomorrow!

PS I swam 80 lengths today and I feel great. I’m pretty proud of that.

2 comments:

the little medic said...

Just stopping by to say Merry Christmas. Even though you'll be revising hard, make sure you have plenty of fun too. Oh, and Articulate ROCKS

Marysienka said...

Happy New Year girl :-) Hope you had fun holidays! are you back at the hospital yet?