Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'm all yukky

PC: horrid coughy cold

HPC: 1/52 coryzal symptoms, 4/7 productive cough, 3/7 complete and utter pissed-off-ness at life

PMH: several previous episodes of pissed-off-ness, usually coinciding with bad placements

DH: paracetamol and cough mixture

SH: fed up of stupid hospital placement, non smoker, drinks within accepted units

O/E: pt appears grumpy, apyrexial, obs stable

Diff diagnosis:
- TB
- Pneumonia
- Medstudentitis...

Plan:
- Continue cough mixture and paracetamol therapy
- Sleep
- Hang on til the weekend when everything will seem better. Hopefully...

5 comments:

Tall Medstudent said...

I love the word 'coryza'. :)

Marysienka said...

Hope you feel better soon!

what is 1/52, 4/7, 3/7?!

Zombie said...

Are you guys ever tempted to diagnose yourself with all kinds off horrible tropical diseases every time you find a new one? I would. Or does the opposite happen, do you get really blase about it? A

And is recurring three day headaches accompanied by nausia, but not much else a migraine, or just too much time at the computer?

Anyway, hope you feel better soon hon. My first daffodil is out, yay! Xxx

Anna said...

tall: me too.

marysienka: 1 week, 4 days, 3 days...it's shorthand for time used in medical notes over here. I don't know if it's official or not, but we all do it eg 2 months = 2/12.

zombie: yes. Every cough is TB, every headache raised intracranial pressure, all pins and needles MS, you get the picture.
Your history isn't typical for migraine. It's probably a virus...

Marysienka said...

Oh thanks for the info! The only time I've seen it is in peds, for age (ex: 10 4/12 would be 10 yrs and 4 mths old)...

Zombie, I'm more the blasé type, except when it concerns my family (now I worry!).